Do you have the needed skills and a job offer to work in an occupation listed under the New Zealand Long Term Skill Shortage List (LTSSL)? A Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa may be the right immigration vehicle for you to come to New Zealand.
The Immigration Act 2009 prompted the New Zealand government to publish the LTSSL to list occupations that New Zealand and other countries are struggling to fill because of a persistent shortage of qualified workers – the list undergoes continuous changes to keep it current.
Read on to see how long you can stay on this visa and learn how it can help you attain residence in New Zealand.
How do you qualify for a New Zealand Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa?
Immigration New Zealand (INZ) lays down these requirements for you to qualify for an NZ Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa; you must provide:
- Identity Proof
- Documentation to satisfy INZ Good Health Requirements; you may need to submit a medical examination report and a chest X-Ray
- Proof to fulfil INZ Good Character Requirements; you must submit police certificates from all countries where you have lived for more than 5 years since you attained the age of 17 – this includes the country holding your citizenship
- Evidence of good intent to meet your visa terms
- Certificates to prove you are less than 55 years old
- Offer letter for employment in an occupation listed in New Zealand Long Term Skill Shortage List
- Evidence of your work experience needed by the job
- Proof of your qualification required for the position
- Your New Zealand occupation registration certificate, if the LTSSL requires it for your occupation
INZ will most likely deny your Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa if it is not convinced that you satisfy the stringent qualification criteria to qualify for a visa under the LTSSL work visa category. Our immigration experts working out of our Auckland office are immensely experienced in working through the NZ Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa process. Book a 100% free consultation now to discuss your case.
How long can you stay in New Zealand on a Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa?
You can spend up to 30 months in New Zealand on a Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa. During your stay, you are allowed to:
- Enter and leave New Zealand multiple times during the term of your visa
- Study for 3 months in a 12-month span
- Work for your employer at the location and in the LTSSL occupation mentioned in your Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa
- Apply for residence in New Zealand once you have finished working in an LTSSL occupation for at least 2 years
You must be aware of these conditions imposed by INZ on your New Zealand Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa:
- You may not be allowed to enter New Zealand if you have any Character Issues – these may be new findings after your visa was approved.
- You must enter New Zealand no later than 3 months of getting your LTSSL Work Visa.
- You cannot include your partner and/or your dependent children in your visa application. However, they are free to get separate New Zealand Visas to Join Family by virtue of being related to you.
Given the narrow definition of what occupation qualifies as an LTSSL occupation and proving your fitment to the job description takes thorough documentation. Professional Visa Solutions has the expertise and experience needed to create and present a foolproof Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa application for your success. Book a 100% free consultation to see how we can help you gain residence with an LTSSL Work Visa.
What time and cost does it take to get your New Zealand Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa?
Immigration New Zealand typically takes 4 months or so to decide on a Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa application.
Costly mistakes like improper documentation, missing evidence and individual situations that need special handling may lead to further delays or outright rejection. We know what it takes to get a quick and favourable decision on your New Zealand Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa application.
Our licensed immigration professionals are fully committed to helping you with the best visa solutions at the least cost. We study your case carefully to reduce churn and get it right the first time. Our expertise and experience in working with the most complicated visa situations ensures that you get the most cost-effective and efficient guidance for your NZ visa. Book a 100% free consultation and allow us to help you realize your New Zealand Immigration dream.