If you plan on staying for a longer duration in New Zealand than allowed by your current visitor visa. Then you can apply for an extension. Certain guidelines must be followed to extend visitor visa NZ. Your visitor visa extension application must be made well before your current one expires. You will not be allowed for a visa extension once your current one has expired, please keep this in mind before reading further.
What Needs To Be Done?
This we have mentioned in the paragraph above, you must start your visitor visa extension application process before your current visa expires. Failure to do so will result in you being compelled to apply for a fresh visitor visa. In case you have traveled to New Zealand under a visa waiver scheme, then there is a different process that needs to be followed for its extension.
- You have genuine travel intentions as a tourist and there are still places left for you to explore here and you can do so in 3 months.
- You seek visa extension under a special category that allows for an extended stay in the country.
- You are unable to leave for your home country owing to reasons beyond control.
- You have applied for a resident visa and the result of which is expected after your current visitor visa expires.
How Can A Licensed Immigration Adviser Help?
As we have mentioned twice already, time is of the essence here. You need to apply for the extension in advance. Now consider a scenario where you had no plans of staying here for an extended duration and your visa is all set to expire say in a week. Suddenly the situation changes and you need to stay here longer. What do you do then? Rush to the immigration office, gather all the information you can about visitor visa extension and start the application process. The chances of making an error in the application are pretty high in this case which could be disastrous for your intentions.
One thing that you must know- There is a very thin difference between applying for an extension of visitor visa and applying for it afresh. The requirements for a visitor visa extension are the same as applying for a fresh one. Well almost! That means there would be lots of paperwork to be done and you need to produce pieces of evidence supporting your application. Hiring the services of a licensed immigration adviser would make perfect sense here.
- We are legal professionals authorized to deal with matters of immigration by the government.
- If you approach us on time then your chances of visa success increase by up to 90%
- You get an error-free visitor visa extension application process.
- We can represent you at the immigration tribunal in case some issue crops up.
- Our services are pretty economical considering the benefit we provide.
Again we are stressing on the same thing, don’t wait for the end moment to apply for a visitor visa extension. These things are time-sensitive and need prompt action. The sooner you approach us, the higher would be chances of visa success. If you need to know more about extending visitor visa NZ, or if it has become a priority essential task for you. Then we suggest you book a free consultation session with us right away. You can also visit our office if things are urgent and serious. We would be more than glad to help you out.
Book a 100% free consultation with our advisers to discuss your case.