What has come as a wave of good news, the immigration NZ has unveiled a new one-off residence visa with a clear pathway for a select category of existing temporary work visa holders as well as a select few critical purpose work visa holders.
Those who will be arriving in the country between 30 September 2021 and 31 July 2022, in the select category (holding long term visa), would also be eligible to apply for the new resident visa - 2021 in due course of time.
Partners and dependents will also be allowed to be clubbed in the application.
The application window will be open in two phases. The first window will open from 1 December 2021 for eligible visa holders, and the second will be accessible from 1 March 2022.
How to know if you are eligible for the new scheme?
Remember, to be eligible, you must meet the following criterion as of 29 September 2021.
- You should be in NZ as of 29 September 2021
- You should hold a valid and eligible visa or should have applied for one before 29 September 2021 that would be granted later
- Lived in New Zealand for three or more years
- Earn at or above median wage rate (27$ Per hour)
- Be employed in a job that is listed in the scarce list
Here is the list of eligible visas are allowed to apply
- Post Study Work Visa
- Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa
- Essential Skills Work Visa
- Religious Worker Work Visa
- Talent (Arts, Culture, Sports) Work Visa
- Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa
- Silver Fern Practical Experience Work Visa
- Trafficking Victim Work Visa
- Migrant Exploitation Protection Work Visa
- Skilled Migrant Category Job Search Work Visa
- Victims of Family Violence Work Visa
- South Island Contribution Work Visa
- Work Visa granted under Section 61 (provided the applicant held another eligible visa type within 6 months before being granted a Section 61 visa)
- Some Critical Purpose Visitor Visas (CPVV):
- Critical health workers for longer-term roles (6 months or longer), and
- Other critical workers for long term roles (more than 6 months)
Please note that short term visa holders will not be allowed to apply. However, if you are eligible for New Resident Visa - 2021 and your dependent family is presently outside New Zealand. You are still allowed to club them in the visa application.
There are many other benefits as well as caveats of the new Visa. Please book a consultation with our team of advisors immediately if you meet the basic eligibility requirements. We will help you take things forward from there.