If you are here on a working holiday visa and wish to seek an extension, then this is the post just framed for you. In this post, we have attempted to provide vital information on how one can extend working holiday visa NZ. The process in itself is not that complex, however one needs to understand the underlying rules for the same. You can only apply for a working holiday visa extension if you are from Canada or the UK.
As per the present information available on the public domain only citizens or passport holders of Canada & UK who have been granted a working holiday visa can apply for an extension. Goes without saying that your present working holiday visa should be valid before you apply for an extension, one more thing that is notable here is that the validity of your current working holiday visa should be of 12 months. If you meet these basic criteria that you may be granted an extension on 11 months. However, there are many other elements that you must take into consideration. We would be discussing them further in our article.
Can I extend my Working Holiday visa?
Yes, you can extend your working holiday visa, provided you meet the following criterion:
- You should be a citizen of UK Or Canada
- You should be present in New Zealand on the UK or Canadian working holiday visa.
- The visa you currently hold should be granted for 12 months only.
- If you are a UK citizen then the time that you have spent working here should not exceed 12 months.
- In case you don’t meet these criteria, still you can apply for a 3-month extension provided you have worked here for 3 months in a seasonal occupation on your current valid visa.
In case you need us to evaluate your particular case, please book a free consultation with us.
Meeting the Criteria
This where you would need our professional help. There are many underlying criteria that one must meet before he gets to extend working holiday visa NZ. Here is a small list of essential requirements that one must meet to get an extension.
You Need To:
- Provide genuine proof of identity (your passport) along with two recent photographs.
- Provide for a health certificate if asked to.
- Provide evidence of good character only if your last certificates are older than 24 months.
- Provide evidence of your genuine intentions.
- Get checked about your present duration of stay in New Zealand.
- Get checked whether you currently hold a working holiday visa.
- Proof of being engaged in seasonal work for at least 3 months.
- Provide evidence for onward travel.
- Provide evidence that you have not been granted a working holidaymaker extension work visa before.
As you can see the list of requirements is pretty big, meeting all the criteria without making an error is pretty difficult, to say the least. The chances of rejection become pretty high owing to the probability of making an error-prone application. Thats why seeking professional help from a licensed immigration adviser like us makes perfect sense. The time window for an extension is generally narrow and if you make an error here then you miss the bus. We can help you get your working holiday visa extension easily. Our experts will sort things out for you. All you need to do is – book a free consultation with us. Let’s get things in proper perspective for you.
Book a 100% free consultation with our advisers to discuss your case.