The five stages:
- 27 February: Self-isolation opens for New Zealanders and eligible travellers coming from Australia
- 13 March: Open to New Zealanders and eligible travellers from the rest of the world; skilled workers earning at least 1.5x median wage; working holiday visas
- 12 April: Offshore temporary visa holders who still meet visa requirements; 5000 international students; consideration of further class exemptions for critical workforces that do not meet the 1.5x median wage test
- By July: Anyone from Australia; visa-waiver travel; a new Accredited Employer Work Visa opens and skilled worker exemption is phased out
- In October: Border reopens to the rest of the world, all visa categories fully reopen
If you want to know more about how this news may benefit you or your loved ones, book a free consultation with our immigration experts.