Partnership visa NZ allow people to join their partners in New Zealand. The crucial requirement you have to satisfy is to show the relationship is genuine and stable. You must also have lived with your partner for at least 12 months. You don’t need to be married and it is open to all couples, including same sex couples.

One option is to apply for a temporary work or visitor visa. This is suitable if your partner in New Zealand is also on a temporary visa. A temporary visa for a partner can be valid for up to 24 months but will expire at the same time as the visa held by the partner already in New Zealand. Another option is to be a second applicant on your partner’s skilled migrant visa or residence from work application.
Contact us

Partnership Visa NZ

If you have a partner in NZ, you may be able to get a partnership visa nz. NZ’s immigration system has several options available depending on the status of your partner, the type of visa they have, and your personal circumstances.

In general, one of the following situations will apply if you have a partner in NZ:

  • Your partner can include you on their visa application
  • You make a separate application based on your relationship with your partner
  • You make a completely separate application based solely on your circumstances

To find out which of the above situations applies to you, please contact the team at Professional Visa Solutions. We help partners of people in NZ on a daily basis get visas to come to the country. This includes getting NZ partnership work visas, visitor visas, and other visa categories.

All the advisers on our team are fully licensed, we offer a comprehensive range of services, and our prices are competitive. Call today to book a consultation.

NZ Partnership Work Visa and Visitor Visa

The simplest option if your partner is in New Zealand is to be included on their visa application. When this option is not available, you may be able to apply for a work or visitor visa based on your relationship with your partner. Usually, your visa will be issued for the same length of time as your partner’s.

Criteria for Partner Visas

You can get a partner visa whether you are in an opposite sex or same-sex relationship. The main requirement for a partner visa is your relationship must be genuine and stable.

This means being in an exclusive long-term relationship with your partner. Crucially, you must live together in the same home. If you have separate homes, you may not qualify for a partner visa, regardless of how much time you spend together.

This presents difficulties if you have spent a lot of time living apart. This may be the case if your partner is already in New Zealand. In this situation, you must provide evidence proving your relationship is stable and genuine. You will also need to explain why you have spent so much time apart plus you’ll need to demonstrate you communicated regularly.

Additional evidence you may need to supply to show your relationship is genuine and stable is a marriage certificate or civil partnership certificate. Please note, however, you don’t have to be married or in a civil partnership to get a partner visa. Birth certificates of your children and evidence you hold a joint bank account can also help, among other things.

Contact our team today and they will help you through the process.

Other Criteria

There are other criteria that apply to partner visas in addition to being in a genuine and stable relationship. They include:

  • Both you and your partner must be over 18
  • If you are aged 16 or 17, you need parental consent
  • You can’t be a close relative of your partner

Our team is ready now to provide advice and practical help with your partnership visa nz. Call today on 09 279 4576.