Working Holiday Visa

The Working Holiday Visa is designed for people who want to go on an extended holiday in Australia, and supplement their income for a period there. It is valid for 12 months, although you don’t have to stay in Australia for the full length of time – you can come and go. You can work for up to six months on a Working Holiday Visa per employer, plus you can do up to four months of training or study. Extensions of 12 months are often granted, providing you did a minimum of three months seasonal work in regional Australia

To get a Working Holiday Visa you have to be aged between 18 and 30. You must also have a passport from a country that has a reciprocal scheme in place. Those countries are Belgium, Canada, Republic of Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan and the UK.