Student Guardian Visa

Student Guardian Visas are for adults accompanying an international student who is under 18 and coming to study in Australia. The student must also have a Student Visa. It is a temporary visa, covering the same period of time as the student’s visa unless the student turns 18 during that period. In that situation, the Student Guardian Visa expires. You can’t work in Australia with this visa, but you can study any course with the exception of English language courses.

To obtain a Student Guardian Visa you have to be over 21-years-old and you must be a parent or legal guardian of the student coming to Australia, or have legal custody of the student. You need to show you have the ability to provide for the student, i.e. provide accommodation, financial support, and looking after their welfare.