Short Travel Visas

You will need a Tourist Visa if one of the following three circumstances applies to you: you are from a non-ETA (Electronic Travel Authority) country; you want to stay in Australia for longer than three months; or you are already in Australia and want to stay for longer than your current visa permits.

It is a paper based application process, and to get a Tourist visa you must have a valid reason for visiting Australia. This could be to go on holiday, or to visit family or friends. You may need to show you have enough money to cover your time in Australia, but that doesn’t happen in every case.