• Best Immigration Advisers in Auckland!
English Chinese (Simplified) Russian Vietnamese

New Zealand Spouse Visa

Every year hundreds of student come to New Zealand for pursuing their higher education. That’s not a surprise or a wonder fact as New Zealand is home to some of the best universities in the world. We have an education system which has global appeal. Our graduates generally job ready from the day of graduation itself. The degrees earned are globally valid and job avenues open up for NZ based graduates pretty fast.

New Zealand attracts students of every age bracket. Most of them are bachelors when they arrive, but a significant portion of students are married and would like their spouse to accompany them into the country while they are pursuing their studies. It gives them the required personal peace of being together which in turn results in a greater focus on studies.

Immigration authorities of New Zealand allow for the spouse to accompany the person who is pursuing a higher study course in the country. For this specific purpose a partnership visa NZ or New Zealand spouse visa is there.

This visa allows the spouse of a student to accompany him/her into the country for the duration of the course. The spouse can also work full time as per the qualifications and the capabilities.

The spouse does not need to have a job offer in order to apply for this visa. However, evidence establishing the relationship has to be provided while applying for this visa.

With this visa, you can
  • Come to New Zealand with your partner.
  • Work in New Zealand.
  • Study for up to 3 months.
You also have to meet the following criterion in order to be eligible to apply for new zealand spouse visa.
  • Partner should be either of 18 years of age or have guardian’s permission on the application.
  • Both partners should know each other prior to the application made.
  • If married to or living in close relationship with a New Zealand partner, there should be evidence of such relationship of past 12 months before application made. In case of fewer than 12 months evidence of stable relationship is required.
  • You should be medically fit and meet the character requirements of the country.

It would be best to get in touch with a professional and licensed immigration adviser like us to take things further. The entire application process is quite complex and it is easy to get lost if applying all by yourself.

SEO Services By Nimble Informatics Pvt. Ltd.