Has an accredited employer in New Zealand extended you a full-time job offer? If you can fulfil the skill requirements of the job, your next step should be to apply for a Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa.

Immigration New Zealand (INZ) also allows you to apply for residence in New Zealand after you meet specific conditions of your Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa. Continue reading to see how.

How do you qualify for a Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa?

INZ requires you to satisfy the following conditions to qualify for an NZ Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa. You must provide:

  • Identity proof
  • Proof to satisfy INZ’s good character requirements
  • Evidence of meeting good health requirements laid down by Immigration New Zealand
  • Certificates to prove you are less than 55 years of age
  • Documentation to establish your intention of coming good on Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa terms
  • Offer letter verifying it was issued by an accredited employer in New Zealand. Note that the employment must be for 2 years or more, matches the primary business of your employer, makes them accountable for your work and pays at least NZ$ 79,560
  • Proof of you carrying the required New Zealand occupation registration

Who is considered an Accredited Employer by Immigration New Zealand?

To be eligible to be considered as an accredited employer in New Zealand, the business must satisfy the following requirements:

  • Must have an ongoing need to hire foreign talented or skilled workers; and
  • Must have obtained a pre-approval from INZ to recruit skilled international workers without testing the labour market to see if any local New Zealanders can fill that position

The accreditation is given for 24 months, and the employer must apply again at the end of this term.

Do not take any chances with your Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa. Let the experienced immigration experts from Professional Visa Solutions help you put together a foolproof visa application. Book a 100% free consultation to get answers to any New Zealand Immigration questions you may have.

How long can you stay in New Zealand on a Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa?

Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa allows you to work in New Zealand for a maximum of 30 months. While you live in the country, you can:

  • Work for the particular accredited employer, at the location and in the occupation listed on your Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa
  • Apply for residence in New Zealand once you have worked for at least 2 years with a New Zealand accredited employer
  • Study for 3 months in 12 months
  • Enter and leave the country multiple times during your visa term

You must take note of the following conditions placed on New Zealand Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa by the INZ:

  • You must enter New Zealand no later than 3 months of your visa approval
  • Your partner and dependent children cannot be included in your Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa application. They can, however, file for separate Partnership Based Visas or Visas for Dependent Children because they are related to you

What happens if your employer loses accreditation?

You may work for a different New Zealand accredited employer if your original employer loses accreditation after INZ has granted you a Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa.

It may even be possible for you to apply for a variation of conditions allowing you to work with an employer who is not accredited if your original employer loses accreditation. You may be eligible for this “variation of conditions” only if you make NZ $79,560 or more in your next job. We offer expert “variation of conditions” services at a very reasonable cost of NZ$ 800 – 1,100.

All this accreditation business and the fact that your employer may lose it makes it essential that you work with an immigration expert through your Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa application process. You have a lot at stake here, as any breach of your visa terms may result in you losing the opportunity of applying for residence in New Zealand. You may even be liable for deportation in some cases of violations. Work with our experienced Auckland based team of immigration experts to stay covered – Book a 100% free consultation slot now.

How much time and money does it take to obtain a New Zealand Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa?

INZ typically takes up to 60 days to decide on New Zealand Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa applications.

Individual circumstances that need special handling such as Character IssuesMedical Issues, lack of required evidence and improper documentation may lead to further delays or even rejection.

Our team of licensed immigration consultants knows the ins and outs of the NZ Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa process. We are also fully committed to helping our clients get their New Zealand visas at the best price.

Professional Visa Solutions prides itself in providing its clients with the most cost-effective solutions without making any compromise on quality. Book a 100% free consultation and let us guide you through your NZ visa application process.