You can apply for a visa on your own, so why do you need an immigration adviser? After all, using an immigration adviser involves additional expense. The fact is, however, there are several reasons why you should use an immigration adviser and, in almost all situations, it is the best approach to take.
Immigration advisers in New Zealand are regulated so you can have peace of mind the advice you get is genuine and accurate. All licensed immigration advisers must also follow a strict code of conduct to ensure you get a high standard of service and are treated fairly.
While this is beneficial, there are other reasons why you should use an immigration adviser.
Why You Need an Immigration Adviser
- Visa system knowledge – the immigration system in New Zealand is complex. When you use an immigration adviser, you get access to someone with in-depth knowledge of that system. This doesn’t just mean knowledge of the mechanics of the system and how to properly complete visa application forms. It also means understanding what immigration officers look for when they analyse an application. Even a friend or family member who has applied for visas in NZ before will not have anywhere near the same level of knowledge as a professional immigration adviser.
- Obtain your visa faster- as immigration advisers have knowledge and experience of the immigration system, you will face fewer delays in preparing your application and then getting it approved. This means you will get a visa faster with the help of an immigration adviser than if you go through the process on your own.
- Get the application right first time- making mistakes on the application, supplying incomplete information, and supplying the wrong information are all common reasons for visa delays. An immigration adviser will ensure you get the application right first time.
- Get advice on the best approach – when making an application, you will have to make a decision on the type of visa you want to apply for as well as how to deal with the various issues that might arise. Two of the most common examples are if you have health or character issues. An immigration adviser will give you the best possible advice on your chances of success and what you should do to increase those chances.
- Less hassle – applying for a visa to come to New Zealand to visit, work, or live is often a stressful process. When you use an immigration adviser, they do all the work for you. Of course, you will still need to provide information and have an input into your application, but there is much less hassle when you don’t have to do it all yourself.
- Saves you time – the process of making an application and dealing with Immigration New Zealand is time-consuming. Using an immigration adviser frees up your time.
- Greater chance of success – finally, using an immigration adviser increases the chances your application will be approved. This is because of many of the points mentioned above including the fact they will take the best possible approach to making your application and will include everything that is required.
Helping You on Your Immigration Journey
There is one final reason for using an immigration adviser when making a visa application to come to NZ – getting the visa is too important to leave to chance. You need a professional working on your side, and that’s exactly what you get when you use a licensed immigration adviser.